The Liberation of the Netherlands
From the fall of 1944 to the spring of 1945, the First Canadian Army played a major role in the liberation of the Netherlands and its people who had suffered terrible hunger and hardship under the increasingly desperate German occupiers. The warm friendship that Canada still enjoys with the Netherlands is a poignant reminder of the ultimate sacrifice made by thousands of Canadians and the enduring gratitude of the Dutch in ending the reign of tyranny in their country.
Remembering those who served
- Heroes Remember - Liberation of the Netherlands
- Second World War Diaries, Letters and Stories: A Letter from Holland
- Second World War Diaries, Letters and Stories: My Mothers, My Heroines!
- Second World War Diaries, Letters and Stories: They're Here!
- Gaele Visser: A Hero's Story, by 13-year-old Jordan Slump
- Heritage Minute - Mona Parsons of the Dutch resistance
- Date modified: