Canadian Virtual War Memorial
Harry Everett Wagner
In memory of
Harry Everett Wagner
August 12, 1944
- Service Number:
- Royal Regiment of Canada, R.C.I.C.
- 1st Battalion
- 1939-45 Star, France and Germany Star, Defence Medal, War Medal 1939-45, Canadian Volunteer Service Medal and Clasp.
- February 26, 1914 Teeterville, Ontario
- December 10, 1940 Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
Son of Bruce and Nora (nee Boswell) Wagner (1965 National Memorial (Silver) Cross Mother), of Teeterville, Ontario.
Brother of John Arthur, Mary Louise and Nora Viola.
His family also lost Private Bruce Howard Wagner, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada, killed in action January 31, 1945 and Private Ivan Samuel Wagner, Royal Regiment of Canada, killed in action July 18, 1944.
- BENY-SUR-MER CANADIAN WAR CEMETERY ; Calvados, France
- Grave Reference:
- Plot 8, Row E, Grave 7
- Beny-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery is about 1 kilometre east of the village of Reviers, on the Creully-Tailleville-Ouistreham road (D.35). Reviers is a village and commune in the Department of the Calvados. It is located 15 kilometres north-west of Caen and 18 kilometres east of Bayeux and 3.5 kilometres south of Courseulles, a village on the sea coast. The village of Beny-sur-Mer is some 2 kilometres south-east of the cemetery. The bus service between Caen and Arromanches (via Reviers and Ver-sur-Mer) passes the cemetery. It was on the coast just to the north that the 3rd Canadian Division landed on 6th June 1944; on that day, 335 officers and men of that division were killed in action or died of wounds. In this cemetery are the graves of Canadians who gave their lives in the landings in Normandy and in the earlier stages of the subsequent campaign. Canadians who died during the final stages of the fighting in Normandy are buried in Bretteville-sur-Laize Canadian War Cemetery. There are a total of 2048 burials in Beny-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery. There is also one special memorial erected to a soldier of the Canadian Infantry Corps who is known to have been buried in this cemetery, but the exact site of whose grave could not be located.
Information courtesy of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
Digital CollectionSend us your images
Learn more about the Canadian Virtual Memorial
- Date modified: