Canadian Virtual War Memorial
In memory of
October 2, 1943
- Service Number:
- Calgary Regiment, R.C.A.C.
- 14th Armd. Regt.
- August 24, 1916 Canora, Saskatchewan
- May 21, 1942 Winnipeg, Manitoba
Son of John and Wilhelmina Marine Baer (1994 National Memorial (Silver) Cross Mother) of Gorlitz, Saskatchewan.
- BARI WAR CEMETERY , Italy
- Grave Reference:
- III. B. 33.
- The BARI WAR CEMETERY lies south of Bari, in the rural locality of Carbonara in the Commune and Province of Bari. It is reached from the town by proceeding south along the Taranto road (Route No.100) for about 8.5 kilometres. The turning to the right, leading to Carbonara di Bari, is taken and the Cemetery lies on the right about 1.5 kilometres further on. From the North, take the exit to Bari North and continue on the Tangenziale in the direction of Brindisi. Take Exit No.12, Bari Carbonara, and continue into town. Proceed around the square in the direction of Triggiano. Follow this road across the traffic lights and the BARI WAR CEMETERY can be found on the left hand side. From the South, follow the Tangenziale (main road) and exit at Carbonara Bari, then proceed as above.
Information courtesy of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
Digital CollectionSend us your images
Learn more about the Canadian Virtual Memorial
- Date modified: