Canadian Virtual War Memorial
In memory of
August 19, 1942
5 miles SE of Dieppe, France
- Service Number:
- Air Force
- Royal Canadian Air Force
- 403 Sqdn.
- 1939-45 Star, Air Crew Europe Star, War Medal, Canadian Volunteer Service Medal and Clasp. Posthumously awarded RCAF Operational Wings in recognition of gallant service in action against the enemy, the 27 May 1946.
- November 18, 1922 Burnley, Lancaster, England
- December 21, 1940 Halifax, Nova Scotia
Only child of Arthur and Margaret (nee Whittaker) Monchier, of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- ST. AUBIN-LE-CAUF CHURCHYARD ; Seine-Maritime, France
- Grave Reference:
- St. Aubin-le-Cauf is a village and commune 5.50 miles (9 kilometres) south-east of Dieppe, on the D.l road from Dieppe to Neufchatel-en-Bray. There is a bus service to and from Dieppe. In the churchyard, near the south-west corner of the church, is the joint grave of 2 Canadian airmen.
Information courtesy of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
Digital CollectionSend us your images
Learn more about the Canadian Virtual Memorial
- Date modified: