Canadian Virtual War Memorial
In memory of
July 15, 1916
- Service Number:
- Canadian Infantry (Alberta Regiment)
- 49th Bn.
- October 23, 1884 Dundee, Scotland
- October 5, 1915 Edmonton, Alberta
Brother of Robert Bell, of Dundee Saw Mills, Dundee, Scotland.
- RAILWAY DUGOUTS BURIAL GROUND , Belgium
- Grave Reference:
- VI. B. 9.
- RAILWAY DUGOUTS BURIAL GROUND (Transport Farm) is located 2 Km south east of Ieper town centre, on the Komenseweg, a road connecting Ieper to Komen (N336). From Ieper town centre the Komenseweg is located via the Rijselsestraat, through the Rijselpoort (Lille Gate) and crossing the Ieper ring road, towards Armentieres and Lille. The road name then changes to Rijselseweg. 1 Km along the Rijselseweg lies the left hand turning onto Komenseweg. The cemetery itself is located 1.2 Km along the Komenseweg on the right hand side of the road.
Information courtesy of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
Digital CollectionSend us your images
Learn more about the Canadian Virtual Memorial
- Date modified: