Memorial 35059-254 Ottawa, ON
Municipality/Province: Ottawa, ON
Memorial Number: 35059-254
Type: stained glass window
Address: 154 Somerset Street West
Location: The Chuch of St John the Evangelist
GPS Coordinates: Lat: 45.4178238 Long: -75.6897599
Photo Credit: Victoria Edwards
St. George slaying the dragon from the Warriors' Chapel in St. John the Evangelist at Somerset and Elgin.
Warriors' Chapel Dedication 25 February, 1951 - Constructed in 1946-47; Dedicated 25th February, 1951 by Right Reverend Robert Jefferson, Bishop of Ottawa
Memorialized names unveiled 25th February, 1951 by His Excellency the Governor General of Canada Earl Alexander of Tunis, K.G.
Inscription found on memorial
St George slaying the dragon
To the glory of God. This Warriors` Chapel was erected in grateful remembrance of those members of St John`s Church serving in the Armed Forces who made the supreme sacrifice for their King and country in order that we might continue to live in that freedom which is, by the grace of God, our rightful heritage. Dedicated in the year of our Lord, one thousand nine hundred and fifty.
- Date modified: