Exceptional Incapacity Allowance
If you are receiving a Disability Pension and are exceptionally incapacitated you may qualify for this tax-free monthly allowance. The amount of the allowance is based on the extent of the pain and loss of enjoyment or shortened life expectancy.
You may qualify for an Exceptional Incapacity Allowance if you are in receipt of:
- a Disability Pension for condition(s) that total 98% or more; OR
- a Disability Pension and a Disability Award for conditions that total 98% or more; OR
- a Disability Pension and POW compensation that total 98% or more; AND
- you have an exceptional incapacity that is a result of, in whole or in part, the condition(s) for which you are receiving a disability benefit.
- Career Impact Allowance
- Disability Benefits
- Disability Pension
- Disability Award
- Exceptional Incapacity Allowance
- Related Allowances
- Applying for Benefits
- How Benefits are Determined
- Who Can Help?
- Reviews and Appeals
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Date modified: