How to Appeal a Health Care Decision
If you are not satisfied with a health care decision made by Veterans Affairs Canada, you have the right to request a review of our decision.
There are two levels of review.
First Level Review
- The decision letter (or your explanation of benefits document) each provides an address for you to submit a request for a first level review.
- Your request must be made in writing within 60 days from the date the decision is made, unless circumstances beyond your control require an extension.
Second Level Review
- The decision letter will indicate the address to submit a request for a second level review.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your first level review, you may submit a request for a second level review within 60 days of the receipt of the first level review decision, unless circumstances beyond your control require an extension.
Note: The second level review is your final level of review.
- Overview - Do I qualify?
- Information for Cardholders
- Information for Health Care Service Providers
Did you find what you were looking for?
Living outside of Canada?
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, EST
United States 1-888-996-2242 (toll-free)
United Kingdom, Germany, France, or Belgium 00-800-996-22421 (toll-free)
Any other country 1-613-996-2242 (collect)
- Date modified: