Educational Assistance

Educational Assistance provides monthly financial support to the student plus assistance with related expenses (e.g., tuition) for up to four years or 36 academic months, whichever is less.

Do I qualify?

As the child of a deceased Canadian Armed Forces member or Veteran, you may qualify if your parent died as a result of their military service or when they died, they were in receipt of a disability benefit of 48% or more.

You must enter into a full-time educational program prior to your 25th birthday. This assistance can only be provided until the academic year in which you turn 30 years old.

How to apply

The staff at any VAC office or Integrated Personnel Support Centre (IPSC) can assist you.

You can also fill out the application and mail it to us.

When to apply

It is recommended that you make an application before the start of your academic year. This assistance is only available from the date of your application.

Important Note

The benefit can only continue if you remain in a full-time course of study.

Did you find what you were looking for?

You can also do a search or contact us at 1-866-522-2122 (toll-free) Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, local time.

Living outside of Canada?

Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, EST

United States 1-888-996-2242 (toll-free)
United Kingdom, Germany, France, or Belgium 00-800-996-22421 (toll-free)
Any other country 1-613-996-2242 (collect)

Date modified: