Earnings Loss Benefit for Veterans

Total income

This includes all amounts you currently receive. This includes your CAF pension, employment or disability insurance, and worker's compensation.

Pre-release military salary

This is determined using your basic salary. It does not include additional amounts for incentive pay, overtime, overseas deployments, etc.

The Earnings Loss Benefit is a taxable, monthly benefit that ensures your total income will be at least 90% of your gross pre-release military salary.

Do I qualify?

You may qualify if you are a Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Veteran taking part in VAC rehabilitation services.

The benefit is also available to qualified survivors and dependents.

How to apply

Your VAC case manager can assist you with your application.

If you do not have a case manager, the staff at any VAC office or Transition Centres (TC) can assist you.

If you are registered for My VAC Account, you can apply online now. You can also track the status of your application through My VAC Account. If you aren't registered, why wait? Register today.


You can also fill out the application and mail it to us.

Important Information

The benefit is paid until you have completed your rehabilitation plan or have reached age 65. After that, you may qualify for the Canadian Forces Income Support.

Date modified: