Language selection

Givenchy-En-Gohelle Canadian Cemetery

Cemetery Plan - Givenchy-En-Gohelle Canadian Cemetery

Cemetery Plan - Givenchy-En-Gohelle Canadian Cemetery

The Givenchy-en-Gohelle Canadian Cemetery stands on the western slopes of Vimy Ridge above the village of Souchez. The Cemetery is best reached by car or by foot from the village of Souchez, which is situated on the D937 Arras-Bethune road. Starting from the village square, the cemetery is signposted by CWGC directional signs and is approximately 3 kilometres outside of the village. Givenchy-en-Gohelle was taken by the 2nd Canadian Division on the 13th April, 1917 and remained in British hands during the rest of the War. The Canadian Cemetery was begun by the Canadian Corps, under the name of C.D. 20 in March, 1917, and two further graves were added in March, 1918. The cemetery covers an area of 308 square metres and is enclosed by a low rubble wall.
Date modified: