Language selection


Lievin Communal Cemetery and extension

Lievin Communal Cemetery and extension

Lievin was captured by the Canadian Corps on the 14th April 1917, and remained in British hands until the end of the War. The Extension was made after the Armistice by the concentration of graves from the battlefields North and South of Lens and from certain smaller cemeteries. There are now nearly 700, 1914-18 and a small number of 1939-45 war casualties commemorated in this site. The cemetery covers an area of 2,294 square metres and is enclosed by a brick wall.

There are 27 Canadians buried here from the Battle of Vimy Ridge.


Lievin is a small town in the Department of the Pas-de-Calais, 3.5 kilometres west of Lens. The Communal Cemetery is on the south-west side of the town on the road to Givenchy-en-Gohelle.


Date modified: