Language selection

Step 1 - Get an Application Form

The first step, to apply for disability benefits through Veterans Affairs Canada, is to fill out the proper application form. You can get this form in several ways:

  • Use My VAC Account

    If you are registered for My VAC Account, you can submit your application for disability benefits online. My VAC Account offers a guided web form that makes applying for disability benefits easier. If you aren't registered, you can register now.

  • Print an Application Package

  • Visit one of our Area Offices or Service Canada Centres

    To find the office nearest you, view our map. Staff can work with you to help you prepare your application and to identify where you can get the information you need to support your application.

  • Call Us

    If you prefer to speak with someone over the phone, call us at 1-866-522-2122 and we will mail you an application package.

  • Contact a Service Officer

    Service Officers with The Royal Canadian Legion or War Amps of Canada can also assist you with every aspect of your application, including helping you get all of the information you need to support your application such as service records and medical documents. Their assistance is free of charge.

Did you find what you were looking for?

You can also do a search or contact us at 1-866-522-2122 (toll-free) Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, local time.

Living outside of Canada?

Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, EST

United States 1-888-996-2242 (toll-free)
Any other country 00-800-996-22421 (toll-free)

Date modified: