Disability pensions provide monthly tax-free payments to eligible:
- War Service Veterans (including Merchant Navy Veterans) of the Second World War or the Korean War
- Civilians who served in close support of the Armed Forces during wartime
- current and former members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Canadian Forces (CF) members and Veterans*
Survivors / Surviving dependents can also qualify for benefits; please see the "Benefits for Survivors" section.
The amount of a Disability Pension depends on:
- the degree to which that disability is related to your service (entitlement); and
- the extent of the disability (assessment).
Your rank or years of military service have no impact on the amount you may receive.
Additional pension amounts may also be awarded for qualified dependents (e.g. spouse, common-law partner and/or children).
You may also qualify for additional allowances if you receive a Disability Pension.
* Note: Typically, CF members and Veterans are covered under the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act and are entitled to a Disability Award. However, anyone who submitted an application prior to April 1, 2006 may still qualify for a Disability Pension for any condition(s) related to that application.
2017 payment dates
- January 30
- February 27
- March 30
- April 27
- May 30
- June 29
- July 28
- August 30
- September 28
- October 30
- November 29
- December 21
- Career Impact Allowance
- Disability Benefits
- Disability Pension
- Disability Award
- Exceptional Incapacity Allowance
- Related Allowances
- Applying for Benefits
- How Benefits are Determined
- Who Can Help?
- Reviews and Appeals
- Frequently Asked Questions
Did you find what you were looking for?
Living outside of Canada?
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, EST
United States 1-888-996-2242 (toll-free)
United Kingdom, Germany, France, or Belgium 00-800-996-22421 (toll-free)
Any other country 1-613-996-2242 (collect)
- Date modified: