Veterans Independence Program
The Veterans Independence Program (VIP) helps you remain independent and self-sufficient in your home and your community. Depending on your circumstances and health needs you may qualify for financial assistance to obtain services such as grounds maintenance; housekeeping; personal care; access to nutrition; health and support services provided by a health professional.
VIP does not replace other federal, provincial or municipal programs. Instead its role is to complement existing programs to help meet your needs.
Do I Qualify?
You may qualify for VIP, if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You have qualified for a disability benefit;
- You have qualified for the War Veterans Allowance;
- You are in receipt of Prisoner of War Compensation;
- You are a Veteran who is eligible for, but is unable to access, a Contract Bed (also known as a Priority Access Bed);
- You have been the primary caregiver for an eligible Veteran or civilian;
- You are a low-income or disabled survivor of an eligible Veteran or civilian
Did you find what you were looking for?
Living outside of Canada?
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, EST
United States 1-888-996-2242 (toll-free)
United Kingdom, Germany, France, or Belgium 00-800-996-22421 (toll-free)
Any other country 1-613-996-2242 (collect)
- Date modified: