Canada Cemetery (Tilloy-Les-Cambrai)

Cemetery Plan - Canada Cemetery (Tilloy-Les-Cambrai)

Cemetery Plan - Canada Cemetery (Tilloy-Les-Cambrai)

Tilloy-les-Cambrai is a village on the north-western outskirts of the town of Cambrai and a little east of the road to Douai. Follow the N30 (Cambrai Ring Road) from Cambrai to its junction with the Tilloy-les-Cambrai road, the D49, just after the junction of the N30 and the N43 (Douai road). Follow the D49 for approximately 2.2 kilometres, crossing the bridge over the motorway, to a side road on the west-south-west (left) side. The Canada Cemetery lies 200 metres away at the end of the side road.

Tilloy was captured by the Canadian Corps about the 1st October, 1918, in the face of strong opposition, and the cemetery was made by their Burial Officer on the 13th October. It is enclosed by a brick wall, and sheltered from the road by a row of willows; and a maple tree is planted at the South-East corner.

Date modified: