Memorial Park

Type

Memorial Park

Clifford, Ontario

Notice:

The National Inventory of Canadian Military Memorials is a public, crowd-sourced registry that helps Canadians learn about memorials in their communities. Inclusion in the Inventory does not imply VAC ownership or authority. Responsibility for the care, management, and any changes to a memorial rests with its owning or governing organization.

Clifford’s Memorial Park was purchased by the Village of Clifford in 1909 and was known as Central Park before it was repurposed and renamed in 1921. A park was chosen because the village wanted a memorial that would also serve as a gathering place for its residents to enjoy. William Hood, father of fallen soldier Private William Allan Hood, brought his team of Percheron horses to the site to level the ground.

The creation of Memorial Park and the Clifford Cenotaph was led by the Village Council and funded by an addition to the year’s property tax rate. 

Location
Memorial Park

Allan Street West and Clarke Street North
Clifford
Ontario
GPS Coordinates
Lat. 43.9684789
Long. -80.9797121