Canadian Virtual War Memorial

Jerrald Edward Blake

In memory of:

Captain Jerrald Edward Blake

July 23, 1916

Military Service


Force:

Army

Unit:

Oxford and Bucks Light Infantry

Division:

4th Bn.

Additional Information


Commemorated on Page 570 of the First World War Book of Remembrance. Request a copy of this page.

Burial Information


Cemetery:
Grave Reference:

I. A. 25.

Location:

Pozieres is a village some 6 kilometres north-east of Albert, and the POZIERES BRITISH CEMETERY, which is enclosed by the Pozieres Memorial, is a little south-west of the village on the north side of the main road, D929, from Albert to Pozieres.

Information courtesy of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.

Digital Collection

Send us your images
  • Newspaper Clipping
  • Photo of Jerrald Edward Blake– Captain Jerrald (Gerald) Edwawrd Blake attended St. Andrew's College from 1901-1902. This photo is from the June 1919 Memorial Issue of The Review.
  • Memorial Plaque– World War One memorial tablet, St. Paul's (Anglican), Bloor St. East, Toronto, Ontario.  One of two memorial tablets set within a spectacular carved alabaster chancel screen.  Erected in memory of the men of St. Paul's who died during the first World War and unveiled in March 1926.   Each alabaster tablet incorporates mosaic work depicting kneeling angels holding a laurel wreath and a torch.  Seventy-six names in total were listed by date of death.   Inscribed:  ¿DYING AND BEHOLD WE LIVE¿, and ¿So he passed over, and all the trumpets sounded for him on the other side.¿ (John Bunyan).
  • Inscription– World War One memorial tablet set in the chancel screen at St. Paul's (Anglican),  Toronto, Ontario.  The screen is in three sections, with the two outside sections displaying the tablets.  The chancel screen includes statues of twelve historic figures including Admiral Earl Beatty, King George V, Earl Kitchener, Marshal Foch, Earl Haig, and Lord Byng of Vimy.  The screen was the work of Messrs. J. Wippell & Co., of Exeter, England.

The great chancel war memorial windows are located above. These are inscribed:   "To the Greater Glory of God and in Everlasting Remembrance of the Men of St. Paul's Parish who gave their lives in Defence of Justice, Liberty and Truth, A.D. 1914-1919."  They were unveiled in 1921 by the Governor-General of Canada, Baron Byng of Vimy.  Another World War One memorial window in honour of the men named on the tablets is located on the east wall of the Nave.  The panels include fragments of glass from 70 buildings in the war zones.  It was unveiled by Baron Byng of Vimy in 1922.  Both windows were manufactured by Robert McCausland Ltd. of Toronto.

Learn more about the Canadian Virtual Memorial

To learn more please visit our help page. If you have questions or comments regarding the information contained in this registry, email vac.cvwm-mvgc.acc@canada.ca or call us.

Date modified: